New trends in the business of abortion have been documented through Operation Rescue’s exclusive 2021 survey of abortion facilities in the U.S.
“We found that the trend toward the use of chemical abortions expanded in 2021. There was a rise in the number of first trimester abortion facilities to accommodate the increased demand,” said Troy Newman, President of Operation Rescue. “Overall, two factors had the most impact on abortion trends in 2021. Those were the passage of the Texas Heartbeat Bill, which prohibits abortions after about six weeks of pregnancy, and the new pro-abortion policies of the current administration in Washington, D.C., which include the relaxing of Federal regulations on how abortion pills are dispensed.”
The survey also found the following:
- There are 720 abortion facilities in the U.S., comprised of 448 surgical and 272 abortion pill clinics. This continues the trend of contracting numbers of surgical abortion facilities while reinforcing the trend toward more facilities focused on chemical abortions.
- The number of surgical abortion facilities in the U.S. that limit abortions to no more than 13.6 weeks increased a notable 33 percent in 2021 to 132 facilities.
- There was a shift away from a willingness to conduct second trimester abortions in favor of first trimester procedures and abortion pill distribution.
- The number of abortion facilities willing to do the unpopular and risky abortions at 20 weeks gestation or later fell in 2021 – down nine percent since 2019.
- The national average cost of a first-trimester abortion dramatically dropped in 2021 to the lowest price in seven years. This was driven primarily by an expansion of the use of telemedicine for the less expensive (but more dangerous) delivery of abortion drugs.
- The national average wait time for abortion appointments rose to a five-year high of 10.5 days but remained much lower than the national average appointment waiting times for non-abortion-related medical services.
“The outcome of the 2020 Presidential Election was responsible for a significant shift in the way abortion facilities function in America in 2021,” said Newman. “The data from our survey confirms that the current pro-abortion political administration is driving changes within the Abortion Cartel that are putting the lives of women and their babies at greater risk.”
More Abortion Clinics are Killing Babies With the Dangerous Abortion Pill That Also Hurts Women LifeNews.comMore Abortion Clinics are Killing Babies With the Dangerous Abortion Pill That Also Hurts Women LifeNews.comMore Abortion Clinics are Killing Babies With the Dangerous Abortion Pill That Also Hurts Women LifeNews.comRead More“when:24h allinurl:lifenews.com” – Google News