As the reported worldwide death toll of the coronavirus continues to rise, the clueless mainstream media, especially in the U.S., are constantly peddling the worn out old wives’ tale, that this is all Donald Trump’s fault. Indeed, the controversial American president can’t seem to catch a break, as pressure from a hostile media, continues to ratchet up.
Despite David Frume’s point a month ago “That the pandemic occurred is not Trump’s fault.”, #TrumpDeathToll100K is continuously bleated out by the sheepish Twitter trolls; who seem more concerned with Trump trending in a negative light, than the actual facts of this pandemic.
Of course, the idiotic conclusions of writers such as Frume, haven’t helped on that front. Despite his pathetic preface, clearly his readers and others, have latched onto his more asinine and unproven assertion; that “The utter unpreparedness of the United States for a pandemic is Trump’s fault.”
In case Frume hasn’t been paying attention, the world has been unprepared, not just the United States; and that unpreparedness has nothing to do with anything Trump has said or done.
What every country in the world has suffered from the coronavirus, including the United States; boils down to the decisions of the W.H.O. and the Chinese government.
In our last piece on this subject, we focused on the W.H.O.s complicity in this whole affair and how it greatly outstrips that of the Chinese government. And nothing new has come up to alter that view. Citing Kathy Gilsinan’s piece in The Atlantic last month, we argued how this tweet from the W.H.O. on January 14, perfectly illustrated its complicity to the Chinese government’s efforts to cover up the spread of the coronavirus.
“We have not found proof for human-to-human transmission”; tweeted the W.H.O. on the same day the Chinese public bulletin declared: “Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus.”
“This, we now know, was catastrophically untrue,” declared Gilsinan “and in the months since, the global pandemic has put much of the world under an unprecedented lockdown and killed…” reportedly, now hundreds of thousands of people worldwide.
This isn’t on Trump, as much as the mainstream, fake news media would like it to be. It’s on the W.H.O.
More to the point; recently, German Health Minister Jens Spahn, who can hardly be described as a Trump fan; stated that the U.S. “does have a point — the WHO needs to reform its governance and accountability. We need to figure out exactly where the money goes.” Particularly when it comes to W.H.O. director-general Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.
Now back to Trump, who, for all the criticism he’s gotten for his recent letter to the W.H.O. threatening to freeze funds; has yet again been proven right in light of all that’s unfolded since the inception of this pandemic. To quote the most poignant part of that letter: the W.H.O. “consistently ignored credible reports of the virus spreading in Wuhan in early December 2019 or even earlier, including reports from the Lancet medical journal. The World Health Organization failed to independently investigate credible reports that conflicted directly with the Chinese government’s official accounts, even those that came from Wuhan itself.”
Bingo. As reported by Gilsinan to her credit. And as reported here last month.
And no matter how much liberals who hate Trump froth at the mouth, they cannot disprove a single thing he said. It’s all documented and has all been reported.
As we’ve said before, the W.H.O. failed to do its job and is continuing to fail and has in effect, acted as nothing more than a propaganda piece for the Chinese government; rather than as a scientific arm of the U.N. (The U.N. is an entirely different story, that needs several pages of its own.)
White House National Security Advisor Robert O’Brien, recently compared China’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic to the Soviet Union’s cover-up of the meltdown at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant. “They unleashed a virus on the world that’s destroyed trillions of dollars in American economic wealth that we’re having to spend to keep our economy alive, to keep Americans afloat during this virus,” O’Brien said in an NBC interview.
“The cover-up that they did of the virus is going to go down in history, along with Chernobyl. We’ll see an HBO special about it 10 or 15 years from now. This is a real problem and it cost many, many thousands of lives in America and around the world because the real information was not allowed to get out. It was a cover-up. And we’ll get to the bottom of it eventually.”
Hopefully, not only will the cause of the mystery coronavirus be solved, but its creators and those who helped cover it up, will be brought to justice. One can dream.